26 April 2008

Let's Go for a Ride!

No, not that kind of ride. I can't afford gas anymore.

So we walk.

Put your feet up, we're about to go around town in search of spring blossoms and colorful gardens.









The cemetery borders the business district in the background. Also on the right is the train station, I wonder if the trains that go by several times a day wake the dead. Oh, hey Owen.


Yes, this house is purple. Do not adjust your computer screen.


Yes, that is a painted recycled tire. We Vermonters are quite inventive when it comes to recycling and gardening. Notice the recycled railroad ties in some of the other gardens.




Treehouse!


I just like the top of this house a lot and the ironworks around the chimney.


5 comments:

Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

hi,
Liked the photos.
The tires reminded me that someone told me ysederday burying tires a foot under where you plant your tomatoes is great for the tomatoes.

Ted D said...

Looks like you had a great day to take Sierra for a walk.

Have a great weekend, man. Taking the old ball and chain to the coast for a few days; be back on Tuesday night.

Help 'em keep the fair at SG while I'm away.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Look at all the Spring! We already look like Summer down here. The tulips just look at the forecast & wilt before 9am.

Sparkle Plenty said...

WONDERFUL pictures recently, Honourable Redbeard-San! It is such a relief to know that the snow is finally gone up there. Vermont has some really cool architecture--I've always been a sucker for a good cupola.

The pictures of Sierra from a couple of posts ago are adorable. I loved your observation re: sand exfoliating the scalp.

Cheers,
Sparkle

Ted D said...

Stephen,

Thanks for not posting a new blog while I was gone; I'm never gonna catch up at all the places I try to visit.

Label Cloud


Powered By:Blogger Widgets