10 June 2007

First Post!

Hello, and welcome to my new space, glad you found it.

This week I just started a baseball journal on Red Sox games. My journal writings will be transferred here, going forward. Or I may forgo the journal now that this blog exists. The thing of it is, I don't have a laptop, only a desktop. In my baby daughter's bedroom. A laptop is now on my wishlist so i can liveblog and watch TV at the same time.

In approximately 2 hours today's game vs. the Arizona Diamondbacks will begin. Being a firm believer in "no expectations", so as not to be disappointed after a loss, and to be more ecstatic after a win, that's my approach to this and every game.

$100 million man Daisuke Matsuzaka faces aging Randy Johnson in what is billed to be a potential pitchers duel. JD Drew has turned in an outstanding first 2 games in this series, with 2 HRs and 7 RBIs on Friday. Last night the Sox came from behind, 3-0, to win 4-3 in 10 innings, almost a 4 hour game.

I'm very happy to have NESN, local affiliate of the Red Sox, as Jerry Remy and Don Orsillo are the best color and play-by-play in recent memory, second only lifetime to maybe the Cubs' Harry Caray. Their on-air antics and gigglefests are highly entertaining.

On the homefront, my baby daughter has been intolerable today, crying almost all day, as she was yesterday. Fortunately she is napping again right now.

No comments:

Label Cloud


Powered By:Blogger Widgets