13 May 2011

Photo not Available

Here's to another long lonely night on the 12 hour night shift that has become my life and my second home.

Missing half the week's Red Sox games has taken a toll on my blogging ability and my overall psyche, but after some moments of clarity, I'm looking to get my life back on track, as it seems it was spinning out of control.

I think that's the thing though- I'm trying to control it so much and I take it too seriously, which makes me upset, which makes me try to control it even more... vicious cycle, round and round, etc, affecting my family and interpersonal relationships. Now I'm trying to take a more peaceful approach to things. Similar to AA, anger management has you taking things each day at a time, each moment at a time. It's not easy to do my yourself and on lack of sleep, but I have to be willing to do it and have faith that I can do it and the self-control to do it. I could go through a laundry list of problems that seem to perenially keep me down, but what point would that serve? To get you, the cherished reader, to feel sorry for me? That's no way to live... it's much more helpful for me to find a more positive route for the way forward.

Meanwhile, in the Bronx, New York, the rivalry continues tonight. 3 games under .500, but only 4 games out of 1st place. Could be worse, could be better. Sox fans such as myself have had some exciting moments this season... I was off the night Carl Crawford had a game-winning RBI double in extra innings that scored rookie Jose Iglesias his first Major League run-scored, so I had the pleasure of watching that. It's just a matter of putting all the pieces together, and when that happens... look out! That's not to say this season is going to be easy, nor should it be; this is the AL East, the most competitive division in baseball with 3 top tier teams, and 2 not-so-bad teams always nibbling at our heels.

Here's hoping it won't be months before my next post. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

nothing but the girl said...

I know you can do this, i hope when you do you stay this away

Ted D said...

He's ALIVE!!!!! Good to see you posting, Redbeard!

Terri W. said...

Hello Redbeard...one of my searches led me to one of your blogposts...wanted to be in touch - if you should check this...John Ingoldsby is my ancester as well...I'm related to John's son, Ebenzer, born 13 Dec 1656...his son Ebenezer b. 1705(09/10?)...his son Ebenzer b. 30 Jan 1729 (30/31?)...his son Levi b. 22 Aug 1773...his son Rinaldo b. 10 Aug 1810...his daughter Sarah Amanda b. 24 Jan 1858...her daughter Georgia E.L. Foster b. 28 Apr 1888...her son, my Grandfather, Maxwell V. Warren b. 23 Mar 1912. Small world, right? Are any of these Ingalsbes your relatives as well? I think that's pretty cool...take care or email me at toadco@sbcglobal.net - Terri White

Label Cloud


Powered By:Blogger Widgets